Monday, October 18, 2010

ART adventures

So since I am back home and finishing my general education at the local community college, I decided that I would venture into other subject ( my original major was Marine Engineering Technology with a minor in Marine Science). So I decided that since my mom took art and liked it so much that I could take it, just for fun. The first day , I'm not going to lie, it was over whelming to here about everything we would be learning, all the things that i would need to buy which would cost A LOT, and finding out that the other student are the ones that practically judge your work. I used to draw when I was younger. I would take all my moms art books and just mimic the drawing in the books then i went to magazines and mimic the models in my drawings then went to my own imagination. But after a while I stopped and just stuck with what I know best math and science, now I wasn't the best student but I did like to learn as much as I could, I was one of those students that could miss every day but test day and still pass the test with an A, unfortunately my high school counted attendance as a large part of my grade and I ended up being home schooled.
 So when I came back home I thought oh it would be cool to try art. After I had purchased all the supplies which made it final that I was not going to drop the class. I was starting to get excited about the class I would look forward to it, except for the early mornings. The first official day was just practicing perspective and then we moved onto box still life, then the next day was room still life, then the next day was pen vs pencil, then we went to organic and man made, also learning blind contour which was fun to draw with out seeing the paper, not going to show that drawing. I made my hand look like I had been stung by a lot of bees. Now to my most favorite part of the class so far, CHARCOAL! I love to make messes and be hands on, so when we were introduced to charcoal, you can imagine how dirty my hands were, plus my face , my arms and my shirt ha ha. I had trouble getting the perspective down because I kept moving my board in different directions. Also I am not good at enlarging a object so I had trouble with proportion so after two tries I got an acceptable piece done then I started on another then I had found bracelets in my purse that would be cool to draw. I learned a lot in this class, I cant wait till the next class

No comments:

Post a Comment